- Young Adults
- Small Groups
- Unique Abilities
- Congregational Care
- Grief Care
- Marriage Preparation
- Wellness Classes
- Weddings at PHPC
- Flowers for Services
- Preston Hollow Presbyterian School
- Springhill Retreat Center
- Pine Cove All-Church Retreat
- The Booth
PHPC has an exciting new four-week marriage preparation class, replacing the old format. In the new format, the class will be offered on four consecutive Sunday evenings from 5-7 p.m. and will be taught by licensed psychologist, and ordained PC(USA) minister, Dr. Bill Edwards.
Couples will continue to learn practical tools that sustain healthy life-long partnerships, while using a research based approach to explore foundational skills in greater depth. The extended format will also add time for nurturing friendships with other couples and with the church.
Additionally, Bill brings the professional expertise necessary to help couples tackle the full range of spiritual and psychological dimensions necessary for marriage preparation.
The class is open to all engaged couples in the church and community, and is required for all couples being married by a PHPC pastor.
For couples who are being married at PHPC, the completion of Prepare/Enrich inventories is required in addition to attendance in the class. If you are being married at PHPC or by a PHPC Pastor, upon registration for the class, you will receive a secure log-on to complete your Prepare/Enrich inventories. There is an additional fee of $35, which is paid directly to Prepare/Enrich for the processing of your inventories and results. Once complete, your results will be emailed to your pastor. One-on-one sessions to discuss the results of the inventories will be scheduled directly between the pastor and the couple and will be done outside of the time and scope of the group seminar. For couples wishing to take the class but who are not being married at PHPC or by a PHPC Pastor, the Prepare/Enrich portion of premarital counseling is not required.
To register for the course, click here.
- The course will take place over four consecutive Sundays.
- While the seminar is required for all couples getting married at PHPC, it is open to any engaged couple.
- The $120 cost includes materials and refreshments.
- The seminars are held on Sundays in Jubilee Hall at Preston Hollow Presbyterian Church. They begin at 5 p.m and conclude by 7 p.m.
- The seminar qualifies for the State-recognized TwoGether in Texas program. Couples who complete the class and the Prepare/Enrich counseling will entitle the couples to a discount on their marriage license in the State of Texas.
Seminar Dates and Registration Deadlines:
February 12 – March 5, 2017
September 10 – October 1, 2017
For more information about the next Marriage Preparation Seminar and to register for the course, click here or please contact our Wedding Administrator, Dawn Hall, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (214) 368-6348, ext. 150.