Congregational Meeting to Call a Pastor set for Sunday, April 19
On Easter Sunday, the Pastor Nominating Committee, charged with finding our next Pastor, reported that they had completed their search and the Session had set Sunday, April 19 for a congregational meeting to vote on their candidate.
To prepare for this important day you need to know some details:
- One worship service at 10:30 a.m. in the Sanctuary*
- PNC Candidate will preach the sermon at this one worship service
- Congregational meeting to immediately follow worship in the Sanctuary
- No Sunday school (except new members class)
- Overflow seating in Jubilee Hall
- Bus service from St. Mark’s to PHPC and back from 8:30 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Childcare from 9 a.m. to 15 minutes after the congregational meeting concludes.
- Printed ballots and a brochure introducing the candidate will be handed out at the conclusion of worship
* The service will be broadcast via tape delay on WRR at it's regular 11 a.m. time slot and live streamed at 10:30 a.m.
Finally, it is good to remind ourselves of who is eligible to vote at congregational meetings. The Book of Order outlines the following:
- All active members of the congregation present are entitled to vote.
- Baptized members who have not been confirmed and made their own profession of faith are ineligible to vote.
- Affiliate members and guests are ineligible to vote
As seating is limited, please make plans to arrive early. All eligible voters, regardless of location, will be given the opportunity to vote. Ballots and brochures will be made available in all overflow locations. Counters will tabulate the ballots while the congregation enjoys special music. The vote will be announced before the conclusion of the congregational meeting.
Other notes to remember Sunday morning:
• The last bus to St. Mark’s will leave the church at 1 p.m.
• Childcare will close 15 minutes after the congregational meeting
• The pastoral candidate will be in the Jubilee courtyard. If your children are in childcare, please pick them up before greeting the candidate.