Current Volunteer Needs
Call for LTCF Friendly Visitors
Did you know that our congregational care department coordinates a visitation team for long term care facilities (LTCF)? These are church members who devote about 2-3 hours per month, including travel time, to visit our members who reside nearby in assisted living and LTCF. The team of dedicated volunteers brings the presence of PHPC to those who don’t attend worship services. Most of the persons we visit listen via WRR 101.1 FM. The LTCF team rotates, stopping by to see about 3-5 persons at a different facility each month. Visits can be made any day of the week at your own pace. After the visits the team member sends a brief email to the coordinator, Sandy Dehn. That’s all it takes. We currently have openings for two friendly visitors to join the team. Won’t you please consider it? Explore the idea by contacting Dee Wadsworth firstname.lastname@example.org or 214-368-6348 ext 118 for further information as well as training materials for those who wish to participate.
Epiphany Program Volunteer Needs
Epiphany at PHPC is for youth (16+) and adults with special needs. An important aspect of Epiphany is to offer activities and enrichment programs that help develop social skills and independence. Volunteers are needed to: lead and shepherd during Sunday School; assist and mentor during the Life and Arts program staffed by a Life & Arts coordinator; and serve as chaperones for special activities, such as community dances and field trips. Learn more about Epiphany here.
- Sunday School: Sundays from 9:30 to 10:30 a.m. as a Teacher or Shepherd once or twice a month.
- Life and Arts: Sundays from 10:30 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. once every 4 to 6 weeks, to establish consistency in interactions with participants.
- Special Events: community dances and field trips scheduled throughout the year (a 2 to 3 hour commitment several times a year).
To learn more and to volunteer, please contact DeLane Zipper: email@example.com or call 214-893-7716.
McShan Elementary School needs
We have adopted McShan Elementary, one of the schools educating the children of the Vickery Meadow neighborhood. This fall opportunities abound for occasional and regular help. For more information about any of these opportunities, please contact Debbie Tunnell (Debbietunnell4@gmail.com) or Dalene Buhl (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Reading Partners: This program trains adults to read with children who are below grade level in their reading proficiency. Partners meet for at least one hour once a week during the school day.
- Classroom Helpers: Teachers often need a second set of hands to work with children in the classroom with basic reading and math. Helpers work in the classroom at least one hour a week during the school day.
- Special Events during the day: These one-time opportunities to help include Teacher Appreciation lunches during the school day, providing snacks for testing days, hosting the end of the year Staff Appreciation Banquet.
- Special Events at night: Several times a year, volunteers are needed to staff Math and Science and Reading Fairs for parents and children. These fairs typically run 2 hours around dinner time.
Angels with Aprons Needs Food Donations
Our Angels with Aprons refrigerator is empty. We are in need of soups, casseroles, veggies, and cookies. Find out more here about Angels with Aprons.
Missions Opportunities with PHPC
For a full list of missions you can get involved with, please visit our Outreach page.
Service Opportunities at PHPC
PHPC has many ways for you to get involved with a specific ministry. For more specific information on who to contact, please email email@example.com.
Learn more about hospitality opportunities in this brochure.
Holy Joe's Coffee Bar
Angels with Aprons
visitation and phone teams
Team-Based Ministry Councils
Communications, Evangelism and Membership, Stewardship, Property, the Columbarium, the Table Guild, PHPC Foundation, Community Outreach, Finance, etc.
Elected elders and deacons lead the congregation's ministry through their vision casting and support of ministry teams.
Teaching and support opportunities for children, youth, and adult programs; Friends of the PHPC Library, administrative volunteers, writers, photographers